International ethecon Awards 2011
Call for nominations
Since 2006 the international foundation “ethecon - Foundation Ethics & Economics” has presented two international ethecon awards every year. Today ethecon calls for nominations for the awards 2011.
a) for the “Blue Planet Award 2011”
People who have committed themselves to the conservation and the preservation of our Blue Planet in an outstanding way.
b) for the “Black Planet Award 2011”
People who have committed themselves to the destruction and downfall of our Blue Planet in a shocking way.
When ethecon speaks about the „Blue Planet“, the foundation means the entire world, both animated and inanimated, the whole social and ecological entity of our planet.
Neither of the International ethecon Awards entail a remuneration; but the Blue Planet Award consists of a prize designed by the renowned photographic artist Katharina Mayer explicitly for this purpose. Its gallery value is estimated at not less than 10.000 Euros.
The proposals for nominees are to be put forward by May 30th 2011 to:
ethecon – Foundation
Ethics & Economics
Board of Directors
P.O. Box 15 04 35
The proposals have to be mailed and must include:
- Address of the person making the proposal: Complete address including phone, fax and email (for organizations: the name of a contact person).
- Address of nominee: Address of persons nominated (if possible, including phone, fax and email).
- Photographs: If possible, please hand in some photos of persons nominated (jpg/full size).
- Reasons: Written reasons for the nomination (max. 20 000 signs).
- Sources/background material: Background material, documents and sources.
- Media: Suggestion especially of grassroots media (including the full address, phone, email etc.) in which the award ceremony should be publicized by means of media reports and/or adds.
- Activities: Statement concerning what kind of activities might be sensible in connection with the presentation of prizes and in how far these activities would be supported by the nomination’s presenter.
(Example: In the case of the Black Planet Awards to MONSANTO and NESTLÉ some nominators took part in the award ceremonies in Berlin and were also involved in the organisation of protest activities at the headquarters of these companies to hand over the Black Planet Awards. On the occasion of the following general meetings of the companies an “Open Letter to Stockholders and Management” was publicised).
Please note that no rights can be derived from the submission of proposals for both international ethecon awards.
The foundation ethecon
“ethecon - Foundation Ethics & Economics” is an internationally operating foundation located in Berlin/Germany, whose founders and members originate from different countries, and are active in social and ecological movements in Germany as well as internationally.
The foundation is dedicated to the strengthening and effective (financial) support of social movements advocating justice, peace, and ecology.
Founded in 2004, ethecon is still a young and growing foundation and thus looks for more interested donators and supporters.
Information available at ethecon itself or its homepage www.ethecon.org.
The “Blue Planet Award“ went to:
2006 Diane Wilson / USA
2007 Vandana Shiva / India
2008 José Abreu und Hugo Chavez / both Venezuela
2009 Uri Avnery / Israel
2010 Elias Bierdel / Austria
The “Black Planet Award“ denounced:
2006 the stockholders and the executive management of MONSANTO / USA
2007 the stockholders and the executive management of NESTLÉ / Switzerland represented by Peter Brabeck-Letmathe (CEO) and Liliane de Bettencourt (major shareholder)
2008 Erik Prince and the executive management of XE (BLACKWATER) / USA
2009 the owner family Wang and executive management of the FORMOSA PLASTICS GROUP / Taiwan
2010 the major shareholders and the executive management of BP / UK
Berlin, February 21st 2011
Executive Board and Curators
ethecon - Foundation Ethics & Economics