International ethecon Awards for 2017 - Call for nominations
Ever since 2006 „ethecon – Foundation Ethics & Economics“ annually presents two awards:
the International ethecon Blue Planet Award
With this award, ethecon honors individuals who have shown outstanding committment to the conservation and preservation of our Blue Planet.
the International ethecon Black Planet Award
With this award, ethecon exposes and condemns individuals (people) who have contributed to the destruction and downfall of our Blue Planet in an outrageous way.
When ethecon speaks of the Blue Planet, it means the entire animated and inanimated world, the whole social and ecological entity of our planet.
Neither of the International ethecon Awards entails remuneration. However, the actual prize connected with the „Blue Planet Award“ is a piece of art designed by Katharina Mayer, a renowned photographer. Its gallery value is estimated at not less than 10,000 euros.
Today ethecon asks for nominations for the 2012 awards. Any individual or groups of individuals who meets the above stated requirements may be nominated.
Nomination proposals for the two ethecon awards must be postmarked by April 30, 2017 and sent to:
ethecon – Foundation Ethics & Economics
Board of Directors
Postfach 15 04 35 (P.O. Box)
Nominations must be made in writen form and must include:
- Address of the person making the nomination: Complete address of the person making the nomination (If an organization makes the nomination, please name a contact person.)
- Address of the nominee: A contact address of the nominees (if possible, the complete contact details)
- Photos: If at all possible, please include several photos of the nominee (jpg/high resolution).
- Statement of reasons for the nomination: Reasons supporting the nomination (no more than 20,000 characters.)
- Sources/Background material: Backgroundmaterial, documents and reference sources.
- Media: Suggestions regarding the media, expecially alternative media, in which information concerning the award presentation should be published either as an article or as an advertisement. Please give entire postal address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Activies: Statement suggesting possible appropriate activities that could be carried out in connection with the award presentation. Please tell us to what extent you would be able to support these activities. (For example, the presentation of the critical prizes awarded to responsible executives of MONSANTO und NESTLÉ were accompanied by protest demonstrations in front of the companys' headquarters, in each case an open letter to the shareholders and management was published at the time of the annual shareholders meeting.
Please note that no rights may be derived from the submission of proposals for the two awards.
„ethecon - Foundation Ethics & Economics“ is an internationally operating grassroots foundation located in Berlin, Germany, whose founders and members originate from many different countries and are/were active in social and ecological movements in Germany and throughout the world.
Thefoundation is dedicated to the strengthening and effective (financial) support of movements advocating justice, peace and ecology.
Founded in 2004, ethecon is still a young and growing foundation wishing to attract further donators and supporters.
Further information is availabe directly through ethecon or under www.ethecon.org.
Earlier Prize Winners
The „Blue Planet Award“ honored:
2006 Diane Wilson / USA
2007 Vandana Shiva / India
2008 José Abreu and Hugo Chavez / both Venezuela
2009 Uri Avnery / Israel
2010 Elias Bierdel / Austria
2011 Angela Davis / USA
2012 Jean Ziegler / Switerland
2013 Esther Bejarano / Germany
2014 / 2015 Tomo Križnar / Solvenia
2016 Huberto Juárez Núñez / Mexico
The „Black Planet Award“ castigated:
2006 Shareholders and responsible managers of MONSANTO / USA
2007 Shareholders and responsible managers of NESTLÉ / Switzerland represented by Peter Brabeck-Letmathe (CEO) and Liliane de Bettencourt (major shareholder)
2008 Erik Prince and responsible managers of XE (BLACKWATER) / USA
2009 Owner family Wang und responsible managers of FORMOSA PLASTICS GROUP / Taiwan
2010 Major shareholders and responsible managers of BP / UK
2011 Major shareholders and responsible managers of TEPCO / Japan
2012 Major shareholders and responsible managers of GLENCORE / Switzerland
2013 Major shareholders and responsible managers of DEUTSCHE BANK / Deutschland
2014 / 2015 Major shareholders and responsible managers of DOW CHEMICAL / USA
2016 Major shareholders and responsible managers of COCA COLA / USA
Berlin, January 20, 2012
Board of Directors and Trustees
ethecon - Foundation Ethics & Economics